Prohibited and Restricted Items
To ensure the validity of the exams offered in our facility, it's essential to have restrictions on what is allowed inside our secure testing environment. These restrictions are likely different from what you would find in some classes, but these policies are in place to provide a consistent, fair, and secure experience for all test takers. Lockers are available outside the testing room.
If allowed by your professor or testing vendor, these items may be permitted upon inspection.
- Notes or Scratch Paper
- Coats or hoodies (allowed upon inspection)
- Glasses (must not contain wearable technology)
- Medicine (please notify staff if you need access to medicine while testing)
These items are not allowed in our test center.
- Food or drinks
- Personal electronics (phones, tablets, laptops)
- Any device with cameras or optical readers.
- Watches or fitness bands of any kind
- Candy, mints, gum, etc.
- Tobacco products
- Hats, scarves, or other head covering (allowances are made for religious head coverings)
- Pens or Mechanical Pencils. We have pens and pencils available for you to use.
- Keys (other than the locker key provided by Testing Services)
- Wallets, bags, purses, or backpacks
- Jewelry that might make noise while testing
Concealed firearms are permitted for individuals who have completed the required training and received the appropriate enhanced license as required by state law. Firearms are not considered concealed if you knowingly and intentionally display the firearm at any time. For more information on campus carry at the University of Arkansas, please visit the Campus Safety website.